Tuesday, 7 April 2020

I CAUSED THE BLOW! by Joseph C. Ogbu (JoeNwaOgbu)


 Tears upon a haggard brow
Lord have mercy! I caused the heavy blow
No one but I, painfully made thy blood to flow
Even though I may claim not to know
My sins, my vices, all shamelessly stayed on a row
Separating our intimacy, causing me to have no trow
Deceiving me not to stay with Thee and grow
Despite Thou ever hold me not to be trapped below
That my life may remain with a heavenly dow
Still; I forgot, for my sake Thou humbly bent low
Wearing sharp thorns as Crown and taking as pillow
So to my soul to be saved, both today and tomorrow.

Yes! The hour is coming so quick
When faith again, will be firm and thick
When heads won't experience any bad kick
Neither will body feel any crick
Stand then! It's time to be well not to be sick
For Christ is here to save life from any sharp prick
Be bold! Thou won't fall; Drop thy walking-stick
Wakeup; before Him, unload thy heavy brick
Look! On thy table lies a blessing to pick
Knowing that promise of His, has no devilish trick
For His mercy leads head not to end as a hick
Even when heavy rain keeps all roads slick.

Rejoice! Is time to move to the peak
Be strong, don't be weak
Fear not; grab blessings of the Holy Week
Come to thy Father, open thy mouth and speak
Move with him, offer thy legs no break
Embrace Him, He won't allow thy life to leak
Stay with Him; His presence contains no reak
Trust! He knows a suitable activity for thee as a geek
Forgive thy foes then, put away the wreak
With no doubt; Master loves a heart that is meek
For His love a mighty treasure to be grabbed and offer a deek
Then! Let's be focused and forget world's daily creak.

7 comments:

  1. Be strong, don't be weak
    Fear not; All the time the mercy of the God are over me so as I am Strong.
    Really I blessed from what your said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really deep and wonderful. Thank you, Joe. May the Lord bless you abundantly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay with Him,his presence contains no reak. Beautiful lines suitable for this time. Asante sana barikiwe. Pd. Antony

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asante sana my teacher. Very rich. Amen.

    ReplyDelete

SMILE ON THE FACE; BUT...? by Fr. Joseph C. Ogbu

Imagine! Calmly water turning thicker than blood, Evils gently overflowing like flood. God! be merciful on your precious world, And allow n...